ScubaToys Diving Forum

ScubaToys Diving Forum (http://scubatoys.net/index.php)
-   Site / Forum Specific (http://scubatoys.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Singles forum (http://scubatoys.net/showthread.php?t=3792)

kroorda 09-18-2007 01:30 PM

Singles forum

I know of a LOT of people who are 'single' divers and who would love to have a buddy to go diving with. No, this shouldn't be a place for anyone to look for a new girlfriend or boyfriend. It should ONLY be used so that people can find a dive buddy. (Whatever happens from that point on shouldn't be in the interest of this forum.) Such a place for people to meet, share interests, stories, advice, etc., would be an excellent suggestion for the forum.

diversteve 09-18-2007 02:16 PM

been to singledivers.com?

Later edit:
I'm not exactly recommending them.
For reasons similar to those in the following posts.

Vercingetorix 09-18-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diversteve (Post 55242)

PlatypusMan is the local representative. PM him.

Travelnsj 09-18-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

No thank you!....been there done...cost me too much money and time.... check out DiveBuddy.com...also SB & Zen has a singles forum.

hoop 09-18-2007 05:20 PM

[quote=Travelnsj;55424]
Quote:

No thank you!....been there done...cost me too much money and time.... quote]

As someone that was thinking of taking that road, would you mind elaborating?

Travelnsj 09-18-2007 05:27 PM

It's called lack of Integrity...in how trips are planned...vendors paid etc etc.

Vercingetorix 09-18-2007 05:45 PM

From what I've seen (and PlatypusMan, please correct me), all singledivers.com trips are planned and set-up by WreckWench, who is a travel agent. No other trips are permitted to be offered.

Travelnsj 09-18-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 55459)
From what I've seen (and PlatypusMan, please correct me), all singledivers.com trips are planned and set-up by WreckWench, who is a travel agent. No other trips are permitted to be offered.

Your 100% correct!....unless something has changed in the last few months.

PlatypusMan 09-18-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 55459)

You are correct; WW is the driving force behind the site. Trips are set up quite in advance (2008 trips are being booked as I write this) and many of these trips are based on member input concerning desired travel destinations as well.

Back when the site was first founded three years or so ago, there were some rough spots that happened, because it was for those involved a new concept they had never done before. Were mistakes and errors made? Of course there were--yet the site and it's members persevered, learned, and moved on. Today SD has over 3950 members.

There are people who tried SD and found that they didn't like it for whatever reason; this is normal in the affairs of human beings--some cases for the reasons cited above. Not all things satisfy all people.

They moved on, just as I have with some sites. It's a big world.

Disclaimer: You should know that I have been on several SD trips. I am also the DFW Happy Hour coordinator for SD. I am NOT a spokesman for the site, nor have I listed the url here because I feel it would not be proper to do so without permission of Larry and Joe. (This is the same reason I asked permission prior to posting the fact that my day job is a Citizen dealer for dive watches and Nx computers.)

plot 09-18-2007 09:59 PM

hopefully i'm not still single in 2008. what a flawed concept