ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets Call them what you will... the floatie things we wear.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #21
BSea
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 1 Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimalp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
Zeagle Brigade. Great BC and packs great!

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...=ZeagleBrigade
Larry-

I bought Zeagle Brigade from ST about a year ago and have been on a couple of trips with it. While it is a great BC, I would disagree that it is a travel BC.

I found it a bit bulky and heavy. I have a 32" duffle and it takes up about 40% of the space. Specifically, I find the side pockets and the weight pockets a bit large.

Since now I dive exclusively away from home, I am looking into a lighter and less bulky travel BC. Would probably sell my Brigade.

Just my $0.02.

Vimal.
If I were you, I'd look at the oxycheq travel plate withe the 18# mach 5 wing. Scuba toys doesn't have the wing listed on their site, but I'm sure they could get you 1. Plus, they could put you a package to gether that would probably be less than the DSS. Plus it would pack smaller.

You don't know Desdemona? "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown." - Jimmy Buffett
BSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #22
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 1000 +
Thanks Larry and Bsea. I will have a good look over the specs. I was thinking black color might go over better with airport security as it looks less like "scarry metal" and might even be thought to be plastic. Maybe.
WaScubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #23
jo8243
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suther2136 View Post
While I have yet to travel with my new Brigade (which by the way is totally Awesome) I do on occasion travel with a full set of golf clubs. If you think a BC is painful, clubs have to be worse. In fact I was thinking that maybe my hardshell club case would be perfrect to fit all of my gear in. Anybody else use odd containers for their scuba gear?
I'm with you. I travel w/ my bridage and it's no big deal.......
jo8243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo8243 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suther2136 View Post
While I have yet to travel with my new Brigade (which by the way is totally Awesome) I do on occasion travel with a full set of golf clubs. If you think a BC is painful, clubs have to be worse. In fact I was thinking that maybe my hardshell club case would be perfrect to fit all of my gear in. Anybody else use odd containers for their scuba gear?
I'm with you. I travel w/ my bridage and it's no big deal.......
I bet its checked and not carry-on??
Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #25
plot
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Any backplate/wing will work.

Mine from www.deepseasupply.com came in a tiny box in the mail that weighed 9lbs. (The backplate itself is 6lbs, you can buy different ones from DSS that are 2-3lbs).

The whole thing came in a box that was 14.5"x16.5"x5". I'd be hardpressed to get it compacted down to that again but it's doable.

You're probably looking at $550 though.
plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #26
Bring the Payne
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 13
Send a message via AIM to Bring the Payne Send a message via MSN to Bring the Payne
Have you looked at the mares icon? It's a little pricey but folds up into almost nothing.
Bring the Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #27
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring the Payne View Post
Have you looked at the mares icon? It's a little pricey but folds up into almost nothing.
They are nice looking. And very small for weight integrated.

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets