ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets Call them what you will... the floatie things we wear.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 1000 +
Best travel BC / non-integrated weights

I am thinking of buying a new BC for travel. I should note that we carry on everything, so I am looking for lite and simple. One I looked at is the XS Scuba Companion BC set up. It is fairly simple with shoulder straps, waist belt and horseshoe or doughnut bladder in back. Any others you know of and would recommend?
Thanks,
Sean
WaScubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
Zeagle Brigade. Great BC and packs great!

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...=ZeagleBrigade
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Already have a Ranger. Too big and heavy and it is weight integrated. Any thoughts on a mini me? Compact, lite, straps and a bladder?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaScubaDude View Post
Already have a Ranger. Too big and heavy and it is weight integrated. Any thoughts on a mini me? Compact, lite, straps and a bladder?
If you took off the bladder of the ranger.. it gets pretty small... then just toss on an escape bladder... That's what a brigade is! So you could just get a bladder and swap them when traveling!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
Travelnsj
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Send a message via AIM to Travelnsj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
Quote:
If you took off the bladder of the ranger.. it gets pretty small... then just toss on an escape bladder... That's what a brigade is! So you could just get a bladder and swap them when traveling!

Larry as I have stated on a previous thread I am interested in a new travel BC. I have been looking at the...I think it is the Oceanic Ocean Pro about 7 lbs size XL.....but being DEMA is coming up I am hoping perhaps some wonderful 4lbs Jacket style maybe coming on the market....keep me in mind.
I Endeavor to Pursue....Sept/Oct- Bali/Wakatobi....December/January- Raja Ampat-Lembeh Straits....2008...April-Layang Layang....July Bonaire....then maybe....Philippines...Australia...Tawali or Palau....Decisions...Decisions
Travelnsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnsj View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Larry as I have stated on a previous thread I am interested in a new travel BC. I have been looking at the...I think it is the Oceanic Ocean Pro about 7 lbs size XL.....but being DEMA is coming up I am hoping perhaps some wonderful 4lbs Jacket style maybe coming on the market....keep me in mind.
Will do... I'll hunt up the smallest, lightest thing I can find for you. So aside from basic bc... don't care about integrated weights - anything you want? Do you care about d-rings, # tank straps, amount of lift??
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
The XS might be the smallest... we carry the pony pak http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...XSscubaPonyPac and the companion is just the pony pak with different tank straps and a small bladder. If you wanted even a smaller bladder, oxy makes an 18 lb bladder http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...t_id=OXY18Wing

So you could set up what ever size bladder, you want. But if I see anything smaller I'll let you know!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Travelnsj
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Send a message via AIM to Travelnsj
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnsj View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Will do... I'll hunt up the smallest, lightest thing I can find for you. So aside from basic bc... don't care about integrated weights - anything you want? Do you care about d-rings, # tank straps, amount of lift??
Love D rings for all my toys...integrated weights...ahhh....if so must have a lock no velcro....amount of lift???...hmmmmm I weigh about 220lbs...weight belt usually about 10 to 14 lbs....what do you think?
I Endeavor to Pursue....Sept/Oct- Bali/Wakatobi....December/January- Raja Ampat-Lembeh Straits....2008...April-Layang Layang....July Bonaire....then maybe....Philippines...Australia...Tawali or Palau....Decisions...Decisions
Travelnsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
WaScubaDude
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Thanks Larry!
I will tear into my Ranger and see what it could strip down to. I think around 18lb lift would be fine, no recovery diving and i always dive a single, on vaca its Alum 80, at home steel 98.
I am not looking for too much dangle. A d ring or two would be fine. Definatley don't need pockets and more pokets. This would be used with a weight belt, not integrated weights. Two tank straps would be nice.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
boat
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
. . . Dude,

How about a Scout?

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > BC's - Buoyancy Compensators - Stab Jackets