ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Community > Complaints or Problems
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Complaints or Problems Someone not treat you right. I'd always suggest take it up with them first - but if you want to air the issue, here you go.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #21
diverdad
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
All of ya'll have pretty much said it all. I recently have a problem with my LDS. and i might use them for refills put that is about all. I was going to start purchasing some gear for my son who wants to get certified. It looks like ST will get my business.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #22
Zenagirl
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Remember the old adage? "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
mpd525
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Send a message via Yahoo to mpd525
tableleg, i sure would have put it back if i could've got it anywhere else. But nobody else had any, my normal LDS was out, and it was on friday and i needed it for that saturday, so i wasn't gonna be able to get it from ST. Poor planning on my part, and your right i should've just put it back. Oh well, i won't let this happen again.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #24
DiverBry
TadPole
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Not long after my certification, I was surprised to learn of this negativity and rivalry between shops. I have never heard it from anyone at my LDS, but I was introduced to some instructors at another diveshop who pretty much bad-mouthed all the other local shops and boorishly extolled the virtues of their instructors, and why I shouldn't entrust my life to anyone but them, due to their vast experience.

After about 5 minutes of nodding my head during their monologue, I finally escaped the conversation, vowing not to go to that shop again. Yikes!

In addition to getting good service and instruction, the quality of the relationships you develop at your LDS is what keeps you coming back.

People who feel the need to brag about their abilities remind me of that nasty cold medicine whose label proudly proclaims, "Pleasant tasting!" If they have to say it, it probably isn't so, LOL!

The quality of a LDS will probably be self-evident from the moment you walk through the door and strike up a conversation with the owner or instructors.

Last edited by DiverBry : 09-25-2007 at 09:53 PM.
DiverBry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #25
caroln
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
The most convenient shop to me is one that's about 15 minutes from where I work. I signed up (and paid for) a class with them earlier this summer,but every time I went there they would be negative about another shop, or a local dive site that they'd tell me was garbage, but yet I met the shop owner out there one weekend. I got tired of the negativity and just stopped going to the shop, and finished my class elsewhere. Being negative implies that they don't have enough positive things going for them to compete on that basis.
caroln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #26
plot
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

i think it's amazing that the LDS's don't realize that that attitude turns off 95% of the customers that hear it.

I've never heard anyone stop any say "Oh... you really don't like your competition? hrm. think I can take all my gear back and buy new stuff here?"
plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #27
Tableleg
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd525 View Post
i needed it for that saturday
Yea, there's not a whole lot you can do about a situation like that. Bad planning indeed, but you got to do your dive. That's what matters.
Tableleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #28
ccarter
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 3 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
Same with bike shops

It's the same with bike shops and probably any kind of activity.. just about every town has multiple bike shops and they always have some kind of bitter rivalry between one another and there are also people like the guy that PM'ed you. Ego problems is all it is.. people think they're sooo great because they can drop a lot of money on their hobby. This is crazy rampant in cycling.. you'll see people on $8K+ bikes that get winded riding down the side walk but will still talk crap to you when all you're doing is being nice and saying hello. It's something that provides lots of entertainment for me.. just don't let people like that get to you and enjoy the spectacle.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #29
DennisW
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
There are two dive shops in Hampton, VA. They are almost within spittin distance of each other. One of them always, not once in a while, always bad mouths the other shop. The other shop has never said anything bad about the other shop. Guess which one I use?

Dennis

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain
DennisW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Community > Complaints or Problems