ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Dive Spots > US Diving > Northeast > Dutch Springs
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #21
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
My Photos: 3 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
i know i am lazy, are there any links to post here for the springs???
Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #22
thor
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
My Photos: 5 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 2
Their Posts: 8
http://www.dutchsprings.com/

also http://www.wreckvalley.com/ has some interesting maps under the Dutch Springs section
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #23
lucidblue
Guppy
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
3rdEye and I got up to Dutch today. Nice to get into the 7mm suites and hoods without the heat and humidity, though a little cool between dives. The water as warmer than the air. We were both getting over colds, so only did two dives, instead of trying to squeeze three in.

First dive was to the crane, then the cessna and island, off to the school bus and then back to the platforms. Didn't feel good about my buoyancy on this dive. Decided I might be slightly overweighted. Also, didn't have my cummerbund tight enough.

Next dive was to the helicopter and the plan was to go from there to practice buoyancy on the diamond reef. On the first try we ended up going the wrong way. Got our bearings and I managed to do some underwater navigation (just with compass and map, low visability) for the first time. We ended up just south of the diamond reef, but was close enough enough that I was pretty proud of myself. For this dive I dropped 2lbs and buoyancy was much better!

We both need to improve our breathing. We just sucked way too much air on the second dive. Way to much swimming (and too fast) and just need to practice better breathing techniques.

This is the second time I've rented HP 80 tanks. I like them. They're small and lots of air. Though I shouldn't be using anywhere near the amount of air that I have been. Oh and an added bonus is that I only need to have 4lbs of weight on me.

-
Jacques Yves Cousteau, 1971

Last edited by lucidblue : 09-16-2007 at 09:40 PM.
lucidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #24
chrissysb
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidblue View Post
3rdEye and I got up to Dutch today. Nice to get into the 7mm suites and hoods without the heat and humidity, though a little cool between dives. The water as warmer than the air. We were both getting over colds, so only did two dives, instead of trying to squeeze three in.

Thanks for the report lucidblue. The hubby and I should be up there this Sunday. I need more practice in my drysuit. I love diving the island/plane. (Nice and warm there) We tried to find the new plane they put in there by navigating from the platform but missed it and went back to the wall instead. That's one of my goals for this weekend. Take a good heading and get to it!
chrissysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #25
lucidblue
Guppy
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissysb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidblue View Post

Thanks for the report lucidblue. The hubby and I should be up there this Sunday. I need more practice in my drysuit. I love diving the island/plane. (Nice and warm there) We tried to find the new plane they put in there by navigating from the platform but missed it and went back to the wall instead. That's one of my goals for this weekend. Take a good heading and get to it!
We found the helldiver last month. Visibility was really poor around it.

Apparently there was an accident up there on Sunday while we were there, we must have been underwater. We heard someone say something about an incident, but it didn't sound very serious. Here's a link to the story on SB http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/202723-dutch-springs-accident-9-16-07-a.html.

-
Jacques Yves Cousteau, 1971

Last edited by lucidblue : 09-20-2007 at 09:15 PM.
lucidblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Dive Spots > US Diving > Northeast > Dutch Springs