ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Forums by Diving Categories > Techies - DIR - Cave - etc.
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Techies - DIR - Cave - etc. And other advanced topics of speciality diving.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #11
CrzyJay456
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
Sure you can do cavern without going further. But why? That's like taking OW and never taking AOW, Nitrox, Adv Nitrox, Deco, cavern, intro to cave and full cave.

FD
and while you're at it, do Rescue, DM and instructor, open a dive shop too.
CrzyJay456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
fire diver
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
My Photos: 22 Images
Don't temp me! I'm half-way to moving to GC right now.

FD
fire diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #13
in_cavediver
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 500-1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredSilly View Post
BTW you do not have to travel to Mexico for caverns there are quite a few in Florida and there are lots of good instructors for cavern training.
Even closer are some of the caves in Missouri. The water's a bit colder and the vis a bit lower but hey, for the OP in OK, it might be a LOT closer than MX or N Fl.
in_cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
in_cavediver
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 500-1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyJay456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
Sure you can do cavern without going further. But why? That's like taking OW and never taking AOW, Nitrox, Adv Nitrox, Deco, cavern, intro to cave and full cave.

FD
and while you're at it, do Rescue, DM and instructor, open a dive shop too.
Sad state. I am considering the instructor path now. I looked at my gear stockpile (14 tanks, 8 regs, 4 BC's 6-7 pairs of fins, 4 drysuits, 4 wetsuits, 5-6 masks, 50-80lbs of lead and 2 snorkels), and realized I have just about enough stuff to outfit a small class! Who needs the dive shop.......
in_cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
caroln
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
I think I'm in the same boat as you. It started out innocently enough, just a little cenote tour in Mexico. Next thing you know, I've switched to a long hose setup, and am in the process of switching to a BP/W. I had decided that I'd take a cavern class, not to necessarily go in caves, but for the skills, but somehow I'm now signed up for cavern and intro. It's a slippery slope, but I think it's too late for either of us, so you might as well just enjoy the ride.
caroln is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Forums by Diving Categories > Techies - DIR - Cave - etc.