ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Mask / Snorkels / Fins
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mask / Snorkels / Fins Personal Gear questions and opinions.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Soonerwink
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Thanks, Atomic Aquatics

I recently purchase an Atomic Subframe Mask. This is my 5th mask, and the most expensive mask I have purchased. It is also the most comfortable mask I have worn. I purchased mostly because of their lifetime warranty. The other mask I had a Cressi Sub Matrix, developed some small cracks on the frame around the lenses and started leaking. I had made about 50 dives with it. When I got the Atomic mask I scubbed it twice with Sea Buff and toothpaste, but it still continued to fog. I scrubbed it again with the same thing and even tried Dawn dish soap. The fogging problem didn't get any better, so I even ran it and the case through a cycle in my dishwasher and it still fogged. I contacted Atomic Aquatics and they had me send the mask to them to check it out. They even supplied me with a UPS shipping number so I would not have to pay for shipping. They got the mask 2 days later and called to tell me they dissenfected mask with alcohol and sonic cleaned it (whatever that means). I received the mask a couple of days later and checked it out. No more fogging. Just wish all manufacters had this good of customer service. Next dive the Flower Gardens with a mask that I think I will come to love. Thanks Darcy with Atomic Aquatics for your personnel service.
Soonerwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:49 AM   #2
Bill22
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 24 Images
Send a message via Yahoo to Bill22
That is their rep.... they have some of the most expensive products on the market but they also seem to fully back those products with really great customer service.

Just killing time during my surface interval;-)
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
Soonerwink
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Great customer service is very important to me when purchasing dive gear. I don't mind spending a little more knowing if I have any problems or concerns it will be taken care of. I suppose that is why they do their best to limit online sales, it makes it easier to control their customer service.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
TheBlue1
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Customer Service is a huge aspect of sales - isn't that why a lot of us are here at ScubaToys?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
Soonerwink
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlue1 View Post
Customer Service is a huge aspect of sales - isn't that why a lot of us are here at ScubaToys?
Thats it exactly, I'm new to ST, but because of their reputation they are now my LDS even though I have never been to their store. I will be going through Dallas next week on my way to and from a Flower Garden trip, I'm hoping to be able to stop by if there is time.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
ls1mtz
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
Atomic is very good with customer service. I also have a subframe mask and the metal pins holding the strap to the buckle kept sliding out. I PMed Darcy and she offered me to send in the mask and they would replace the parts and get it back no problem. I was too impatient though and fixed it myself. I wish I would have bought the frameless instead of the subframe though, it pushes on the bridge of my nose.
ls1mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
Soonerwink
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

I used my subframe last week on a Flower Garden trip, and it leaves a little indention between my eyebrows from the recessed screw on the frame. It is extremely low volume. I had no fogging problems at all. I have never dove a frameless mask before. I also would like to try one out.

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Mask / Snorkels / Fins