ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Accessories > Bags and Diving Luggage
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bags and Diving Luggage Which do you like? Backpacks? Wheeled? Mesh?

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
Lucky(AR)
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
My Photos: 5 Images
i also have that bag the fins will fit no problem but is a bulky bag
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
thesmoothdome
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 500-1000
Great bag for local diving. I was going to get a pair for my recent trip to Belize, but was worried about the weight of the bag itself. It's a big bag, and well built. The rollers and the retractable handle definately add a few pounds though so I opted to use unmarked lightweight dufflebags for my packed gear and use my old dive bag for my clothing. We checked 2 duffles and the dive bag and don't think any bag weighed more than 30 pounds. I still want one the Akona's for local trips though.
thesmoothdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
tc_rain
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

I use a cheap wheeled duffle bag that I got from Wally World for $20, thatweighs next to nothing. Thelast one I had did break on the way home from a dive trip but at least it was on the way home.
tc_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #14
quarrydiver
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 3
I've got this bag and love it but ditto some of the previous. It's heavy, easy to overload especially when gear is damp. Never fly with reg in the reg bag on front. I throw them in a carry on. FYI, this bag also comes with a cover that hides the Akona logo nicely.
quarrydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #15
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 3 Images
Referal Stats
Their Posts: 0
i just dragged out a samsonite carry n held everything except the fins i put in regular luggage worked great. except when the tsa agent open the bag and had a funny look on his face, guess he wasn't expecting dive gear.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #16
thor
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 5 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 2
Their Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarrydiver View Post
I've got this bag and love it but ditto some of the previous. It's heavy, easy to overload especially when gear is damp. Never fly with reg in the reg bag on front. I throw them in a carry on. FYI, this bag also comes with a cover that hides the Akona logo nicely.

I have this bag also, and love it. The side fin pockets are huge. I can fit a pair in each (although they are Apollo Bio Fins) Never had a problem with weight, (knock on wood) but it is right up to the limit. The security bag is great for hiding the logo, which is sort of inconspicuous anyway, but it can be a pain to put on when the bag is full. It is also useful to protect the bag. The security cover also has a tendency to get caught in the wheels. I usually do without it.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #17
Travelnsj
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Their Posts: 0
Send a message via AIM to Travelnsj
The 144 is the one I use. My Scuba Pro Twin Jets fit fine....for a large roller bag it is only a couple of pounds heaver than the like Stahl sac.....I travel everywhere no problem with size...just with Indonesian airlines that 2 lbs means a lot.
I Endeavor to Pursue....Sept/Oct- Bali/Wakatobi....December/January- Raja Ampat-Lembeh Straits....2008...April-Layang Layang....July Bonaire....then maybe....Philippines...Australia...Tawali or Palau....Decisions...Decisions
Travelnsj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Accessories > Bags and Diving Luggage