ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific > Zeagle
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zeagle BC's and Regs and More!

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
YellowfinKunkfish
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
Weight loss, Zeagle Zena straps too big?

When I bought my Zena last April I was 21 pounds heavier than I am now. I bought a med. It seems like lately I have tightened the upper straps up as much as they will go, and it doesn't feel comfortable. It seems like if they would tighten up a bit more, it would be easier to carry my tank, and less strain on my shoulders. Once I get in the water, the straps really ride up a LOT. Can my shoulder straps be swapped out? Or is there something else on the Zena that can be swapped out to make a better fit? I also need to know if this can be done at ScubaToys while we wait, or if I will need to drop it off, and pick it up later. We live about an hour and a half away, and will need to know. We're planning on diving on the 16th, and I was hoping to have it fixed before then.
YellowfinKunkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
Zenagirl
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Every component on your Zena can be swapped out. The shoulder section, the vest, the front panel, and the bladder. The trick with your weight loss will be to figure out which panels might need to be swapped. If it's just the shoulders, that's the easiest one (IMO) to change. You simply unbuckle the front, pull the velcro section off the inside/back, and swap it out.

If you are wondering if any other sections need to be changed to make it more comfortable, I bet that the guys at ST could refit your BC to you while you're there, swapping pieces out as they go.
Zenagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
creggur
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
You should probably PM or call Joe and find out the piece you need to replace to fix your "fit" problem.. I would think they could probably replace any part of your BC in a few minutes being the pro's that they are......

Congrats on the weight loss by the way!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
gtjason2000
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
definitely let the guys at scubatoys my wife had to get the straps switched out because they gave her the wrong ones and it even took them a while to get it done. So it can be done but can be hard to do.
gtjason2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific > Zeagle