ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Community > Site / Forum Specific > Bugs and Problems
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bugs and Problems We realize with any new page / forum / software we may have a few problems. Find a bug? Let us know!

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
the gooch
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Updating title in thread

I updated the title of my wetsuit for sale thread to read "SOLD" and even though it saved it, when you view the For Sale postings my title only shows the original and not the updated title. If you click on the post the title reads "Sold" but not from the list of all for sale posts. --that make sense?
the gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 1000 +
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
I just put a sticky up on the top of the used stuff for sale thread that explains if you sell something.. just pm me and I will simply remove the entire thread.

Hope that will make life easier for you!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
Wolfie2012
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
My Photos: 102 Images
Referal Stats
Is that only a temporary solution or is there a reason why the title's aren't setup to be changed? As the board grows, getting all those PM's to remove threads could get tedious...
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie2012 View Post
Is that only a temporary solution or is there a reason why the title's aren't setup to be changed? As the board grows, getting all those PM's to remove threads could get tedious...
Love to tell you... Just can't. My techie guy, Tommy, is out goofing off. I'll discuss options with him when he gets back later today.

I could just set it up where people could delete their threads in that section only, but I'm not sure I like that option.

Not saying anything about anyone here - because we're all great folks! But... Lets suppose someone says "like new something or other... $200!" in their post. Someone buys it, gets it, and it looks like something mike nelson threw away 30 years ago... But now the thread is deleted?!

So actually, I don't delete them. I move them over to an administration area where only admins and mods can go in and view them.

I can just set up a mod or two to keep an eye on that section if it gets to that point - unless I, (or more realistically tommy) can come up with a better alternative.

Just taking life here one step at a time!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
ReefHound
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
SB has trader feedback ratings that do better to warn of shysters than replies in threads.

Why not just mark the thread as Closed then it will soon drop off the radar for most people?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefHound View Post
SB has trader feedback ratings that do better to warn of shysters than replies in threads.

Why not just mark the thread as Closed then it will soon drop off the radar for most people?

Yea.. that probably would be easier... here I go over thinking again!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
CompuDude
Barracuda
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Their Posts: 10
That's standard practice on other boards. There is usually an entry in the sticky asking the OP to close the thread once the item sells.
CompuDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Community > Site / Forum Specific > Bugs and Problems