ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Manufacturer Specific Specific Brand Questions

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
ScubaLass
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Hello! I have a Dacor reg and BCD, and it is long past time for my reg to get serviced. Problem is, I took it to my local dive shop last month and they said Dacor is no longer. They could not service it as no one had the parts if something was wrong, and they said anywhere I went in town would tell me the same thing. They said it was bought out by Mares. They did hook it up to a tank and check it out that way, and since I've only just recently gone into double digits on my non-certification dives, it's still pretty "new", and they said there were no major problems they could see.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A couple of weeks ago I went diving in some Florida caverns, and a couple of the people at the sites said that surely I could find someone to service it on the Internet. I suppose that means bundling it up and sending it off. Has anyone heard of anything like this, know of anyone on the INternet, or have Dacor gear and run into the same problem? It still is relatively new, but after some air trouble on my last dive (posted on the Regulators forum), I really want to have it looked at.</DIV>
Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
thesmoothdome
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 500-1000
Check out this link. Larry does a really nice job on explaining the Dacor situation.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=638
thesmoothdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Buoyant1
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Doesn't Mares distribute their gear now?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
terrillja
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLass View Post
Hello! I have a Dacor reg and BCD, and it is long past time for my reg to get serviced. Problem is, I took it to my local dive shop last month and they said Dacor is no longer. They could not service it as no one had the parts if something was wrong, and they said anywhere I went in town would tell me the same thing. They said it was bought out by Mares. They did hook it up to a tank and check it out that way, and since I've only just recently gone into double digits on my non-certification dives, it's still pretty "new", and they said there were no major problems they could see.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A couple of weeks ago I went diving in some Florida caverns, and a couple of the people at the sites said that surely I could find someone to service it on the Internet. I suppose that means bundling it up and sending it off. Has anyone heard of anything like this, know of anyone on the INternet, or have Dacor gear and run into the same problem? It still is relatively new, but after some air trouble on my last dive (posted on the Regulators forum), I really want to have it looked at.</DIV>
My LDS still sells new Dacor gear, and that is all he sells. No clue where he gets it, but it is all new gear in dacor boxes, so it is either old stock or
new gear that was just manufactured. Try giving him a call, he is an old school diver, and I would believe that he has old parts lying around, since walking into his house/ shop is like walking back in time.

His # is (603) 763-5353
terrillja is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific