ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > How do I fix this?
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I fix this? This is a place for more technical equipment related questions. How do I stop this free flow, what is the IP of this reg, etc.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
My Photos: 3 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
dive rite nitek software

ok fellow divers especially those with a dive rite computer and the voyager software that goes with the gaint closepins. after several saturday night emails to larry, yes he answered, i had trouble trying to open the software to get the programs to work. i even went to another site and got the software for the dive log book and now that is working properly.

the problem now you may ask is that software off the internet didn't have the drivers needed to use the gaint close pin. when i try to unzip the file it requests a password, larry had no idea either, i figure it was dive rite or something silly. nothing worked. even used a different computer and nothing still request a password. I even looked on the disc for a code ( like the microsoft has to prevent you from using their software) found none. any ideas for all you computer geeks out there?? does anyone use this dive log book and have a password i can try with this disc to unlock the drivers zip file. being a saturday i email dive rite directly twice ( see what response i get) and larry even told me to call joe on monday ( what a guy hun!!) but i wanted to see if anyone had the same problem. so i have the dive rite computer log book working but no drivers for the usb port to download the information through the gaint close pins.

also does anyone with the nitek duo computer when you scroll through the menu, does it have a pc window ?? does it show up only after diving ??

would like to thank larry for the ideas and now lets see how simple it is to fix this and laugh at me later

thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
THE DUH FACTOR
just got off the phone with dive rite directly, good group of people. figured out that the computer itself has a problem , no pc mode !! the giant closepins will not work!!! call joe and told him about it and the great guys they are, will replace and return me a new one with a pc mode.

just kind of wierd hun.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Bill22
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
My Photos: 24 Images
Send a message via Yahoo to Bill22
Sorry just saw this today...

I had the same problem when I got my DiveRite Duo... It's kind of strange because when I talked to DiveRite they told me I had to dive with it first. It worked fine after that. No reason for the PC mode to come on if there is nothing to download... now if you've already been diving with it, then definitely send it back :-) I also had a problem with my drivers. They emailed me new drivers as an attachment and told me to make sure they were placed in the right location. Worked fine after that.

Just killing time during my surface interval;-)
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
weird, i told them i didn;t dive with it yet and the rep from dive rite stated that it should be there anyway? hey it is worth a shot, i am getting a new one or the same one depending on what joe and larry say.

it all started because the computer wasn;t reading the dive computer connection and needed the pc mode. i will keep you guys posted and i am probably going to go dive in the pool to see if it works haha
thanks for the tip
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
Bill22
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasamurai View Post
weird, i told them i didn;t dive with it yet and the rep from dive rite stated that it should be there anyway? hey it is worth a shot, i am getting a new one or the same one depending on what joe and larry say.

it all started because the computer wasn;t reading the dive computer connection and needed the pc mode. i will keep you guys posted and i am probably going to go dive in the pool to see if it works haha
thanks for the tip
That is weird.... maybe you just got the new guy ;-) Is it a Duo? Could be specific to that computer. I know when I got mine I sat down with the computer and the instruction manual to "play" with it while I figured out how to use it. When the PC mode didn't come on I fired off an email. The response I got was that I had to dive with it first... I did and it worked fine after that.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Referal Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill22 View Post
Quote:

thanks for the tip
That is weird.... maybe you just got the new guy ;-) Is it a Duo? Could be specific to that computer. I know when I got mine I sat down with the computer and the instruction manual to "play" with it while I figured out how to use it. When the PC mode didn't come on I fired off an email. The response I got was that I had to dive with it first... I did and it worked fine after that.

yes even when i called directly to dive rite, they were very helpful and when they told me to get to pc mode i told them, didn;t have it. than they told me to reset it and i will lose my dive data, thats when i said i have none on it, they stated thats ok you don;t need any, so it is wierd. even joe and larry were pretty confused about it. so when i get the new one i will jump in and do a test run hahahh
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
Bill22
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill22 View Post
Quote:

thanks for the tip

yes even when i called directly to dive rite, they were very helpful and when they told me to get to pc mode i told them, didn;t have it. than they told me to reset it and i will lose my dive data, thats when i said i have none on it, they stated thats ok you don;t need any, so it is wierd. even joe and larry were pretty confused about it. so when i get the new one i will jump in and do a test run hahahh
Just remember that when it works.... I TOLD YOU SO ! ;-) Hey good luck, I hope it works for you with no more problems. Let us know how if that solves the problem ;-)

Last edited by Bill22 : 09-18-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > How do I fix this?