ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific > Aeris - Oceanic - Hollis
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aeris - Oceanic - Hollis From the Pelagic Family of Products

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Splitlip
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: No Info Given
Aeris Atomos 2 question

(posted on SB as well)

I had a situation where my Atmos 2 shut off on me for no apparent reason. It went back to Aeris and was returned to me. The problem was identified as simply a dead battery.
I thought this odd as I never got a low battery indicator. Non the less I figured I would move on and just be pro-active and change the battery every year.

Well, yesterday with a brand new battery and no dives on the computer since the new battery, I had another battery related situation.
When I went into the "set 1" mode to set my mix, I got a flashing low battery indicator. I went to my backup computer and made my dive. When I boarded the boat an hour later, I saw that my Atmos 2 was happily ticking along with the full battery icon displayed on it's face.
As I type this, . Well I was going to say the thing is working fine with a full battery icon. The display has just gone dead however. If I turn it on, it begins the self test display and then goes dead.
now this is odd. The screen just started flashing unrecognizable charcters and slowely booted back.

Any body seen or heard of anything like this?
Thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
ScubaToys Larry
Grand Poobah
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 1000 +
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
I'm not a trained professional.. but I'd say it's broke! It's time for another trip to Aeris - now it's broke enough that they can see it's broke.

I'm sure they'll find a way to take care of you on it.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Dark Coffee
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Oh oh.. Yet another Aeris battery issue. Been there, done that with my Atmos Elite. (I'm assuming that the Atmos 2 is electronically similar. to the Elite without the IA).

The only battery I've found to work nicely on the Elite is the SONY CR2450. This is also the make of battery that the DC originally came with. Every other CR2450 I used (Panasonic (not cheap), Kodak, no name) do the same thing: Initial low battery indicator when turned on, after a few minutes indicator goes away and DC works fine.

Some one pointed me to an eBay sale of bulk SONY CR2450's. Bought those and (touch wood) I haven't had the low battery indicator in 6 dives.

I also found that using the download cable and doing a system reset of the DC really chewed through the battery.

Anyway, just my $0.02 (Canadian)...
Dark Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Splitlip
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
I'm not a trained professional.. but I'd say it's broke! It's time for another trip to Aeris - now it's broke enough that they can see it's broke.

I'm sure they'll find a way to take care of you on it.
Aeris has always been very good to me.

I'll be taking it back to the shop in the morning. I was just thought maybe there was some glitch out there I could ID when I bring it in. Cause I guarandamntee when I drop it at the shop it will perform flawlessly
Old 09-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
gtjason2000
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
I had some battery issues where after my first few dives on it the battery low indicator came on. I thought it had just been sitting on the shelf a long time and needed a new battery but then the indicator disappeared after doing another dive. It was like diving gave it more energy. It did that a couple more times but I don't think anytime recently.
gtjason2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
Splitlip
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjason2000 View Post
I had some battery issues where after my first few dives on it the battery low indicator came on. I thought it had just been sitting on the shelf a long time and needed a new battery but then the indicator disappeared after doing another dive. It was like diving gave it more energy. It did that a couple more times but I don't think anytime recently.
I received similar responses on SB too. I worry now about the fact that it shut off completely earlier while I was posting. My dives are still there, but I lost settings (time).

I am sure the shop will send it back to Aeris.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Buoyant1
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

That battery issue is a pain...The batteries my LDS have work better than the other's I've tried...the price is about the same (thankfully they all use the same stuff and buy them in BULK!)
Old 09-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
sudnit5
Guppy

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 0-24
I haven't had any problems yet with my Atmos 2. Lets hope it stays that way too.
sudnit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Splitlip
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudnit5 View Post
I haven't had any problems yet with my Atmos 2. Lets hope it stays that way too.
How long have you had yours?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #10
Illini_Fan
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Interesting thread. I have 2 Atmos II. One has 50+ dives, the other 25 or so. No problems yet.

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Scuba Gear > Manufacturer Specific > Aeris - Oceanic - Hollis