ScubaToys Diving Forum  

Forum Photo Gallery Get Your Scuba Toys Gear Here Scuba Classes & Diver Training Store Cam
Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Forums by Diving Categories > General Scuba Training Questions > Advanced -> Instructor
Register FAQLive Chat Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced -> Instructor More advanced questions.

Welcome to the ScubaToys Diving Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Oh Wait!

Did I forget to tell you that as a board member you'll save 10 percent on ScubaToys Purchases... And for simply posting you can earn ScubaToys Gift Certificates!? Learn All About It!

Old 08-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Liv7301
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 25-50
Send a message via AIM to Liv7301
September Rescue Class with Scubatoys

I am most likely going to be taking the September rescue class with ScubaToys and thought I would throw a thread out there and see if anyone is also in the class.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
Liv7301
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Ok, there's gotta be someone floating around this forum that going to be taking it! I know you are out there somewhere!!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
TxHockeyGuy
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv7301 View Post
Ok, there's gotta be someone floating around this forum that going to be taking it! I know you are out there somewhere!!
I won't be taking the class, but hopefully the instructor will allow me to "participate" in the class like I was able to last month. It's a lot of fun getting to be part of the problem scenario and seeing how someone else reacts to the same scenario you have previously had to deal with when taking the class.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
scubasamurai
Grouper

Forum Stats

Profile Info

My Photos: 3 Images
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 0
ok since your looking for a floater, i just popped up to say sorry already did my torture class and onto the next fund stuff DM
Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Liv7301
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHockeyGuy View Post
Quote:
I won't be taking the class, but hopefully the instructor will allow me to "participate" in the class like I was able to last month. It's a lot of fun getting to be part of the problem scenario and seeing how someone else reacts to the same scenario you have previously had to deal with when taking the class.
Thanks David, even though you've already taken the class. I am really looking forward to it...and perhaps you will get to be one of my victims! Buahahaha! Seriously though I won't kill you trying to save you because you make magnificent fajitas.

Here's a question I have: give me a run down on some of the stuff you worked on in all of the pool/classroom sessions. Since there are 4 of them I assume it's quite a bit. This also reminds me that I have watched and listened to my DVD many times, did the workbook, but should porbably get my test done before Tuesday.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Dale
TadPole

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 101-500
Referal Stats
Referals: 1
Their Posts: 1
I'm taking it, starts tomorrow, right?

Anyone know what time? I signed up, paid, then didn't find out when and what to bring Doh!

SCUBA first class?

Yeah, could make a phone call...
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
Liv7301
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I'm taking it, starts tomorrow, right?

Anyone know what time? I signed up, paid, then didn't find out when and what to bring Doh!

SCUBA first class?

Yeah, could make a phone call...
I am pretty sure it's 6:30. I am bringing gear though I have no idea if we are actually going to be in the pool or not. Plus, there is at least and possibly two other classes meeting there tomorrow too due to a few different issues, so I don't know how that will effect things either.

In summary, my test is done. I am bringing all of my classroom stuff, and my gear, and have no idea what we will be doing. I will probably call tomorrow to find things out for sure...but I am going to go straight from work so if I forget something there isn't much I can do about it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
Divingguy
Guppy
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Dives Logged: 51-100
Generally, first Tuesday and Thursday are purely classroom. Second Tuesday and Thursday are to complete class, and pool work. Weekend Saturday is expansion of pool work, and Sunday is "game on" scenarios.
Remember, to receive your Rescue card you must also have current approved First Aid!!!!
Tom
Old 09-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Vercingetorix
Grouper
Founding Member
ST-Forum Mod

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Quote:
Thanks David, even though you've already taken the class. I am really looking forward to it...and perhaps you will get to be one of my victims! Buahahaha! Seriously though I won't kill you trying to save you because you make magnificent fajitas.

Here's a question I have: give me a run down on some of the stuff you worked on in all of the pool/classroom sessions. Since there are 4 of them I assume it's quite a bit. This also reminds me that I have watched and listened to my DVD many times, did the workbook, but should porbably get my test done before Tuesday.
David and I were dive buddies during Rescue. I've already received permission from the instructor, Mac MacPherson, for David and I to be victims during the 16 Sept outing.

You've already been through some stuff for your classroom, as I post this. During pool sessions, you will learn and practice rescues from depth and on the surface. You will rescue tired divers and panicked divers. There are "other" divers as well, but I won't spoil the surprise; one got me quite nicely (the low-life SOB ).

On Saturday (15 Sept), you'll demonstrate what you learned in the pool. It is not so much a teaching session; it is evaluation. On Sunday, we gonna have fun!!!! Oh yeah!!!! I'll give nothing away here. My advice: Stay Observant, Stay Diligent AT ALL TIMES. The students in August failed one scenario completely. Assume nothing.
Avatar text: Somehow, I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through

Last edited by Vercingetorix : 09-09-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Vercingetorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
Liv7301
Grouper
Founding Member

Forum Stats

Profile Info

Thanks for the tease!

Now that we know definitely that we will have Mac out at the lake (there was some question last week due to a scheduling oops that had nobody teaching rescue) I can start figuring out what to expect.

We can now look forward to both you are David this coming weekend!

Go Back   ScubaToys Diving Forum > Forums by Diving Categories > General Scuba Training Questions > Advanced -> Instructor